Adventure Park Course Manager
The Adventure Park Course Manager (CM) is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the park in accordance with industry standards outlined by the Association for Challenge Course Technology (ACCT). The CM is responsible for oversight of training, skills verification, and supervision of associates who monitor guest use of the park and ensuring all staff are up-to-date on industry standards, as outlined by the ACCT. This individual ensures the course and climbing equipment is inspected according to established procedures and coordinates general maintenance and major repairs. The CM ensures all required documents related to course operations are maintained and regularly updated.
The CM is responsible for reinforcing our high standards for guest service. The CM must be able to work well with small and large groups of people with varied skills and abilities. In addition, our CM must be able to coordinate staffing and the movements of associates working in the park to accommodate the needs of all guests who are participating, individually or with a group, during special events and park promotions.
General Responsibilities and Duties
- Oversee training of associates who work in the park, including third-party training and staff certification.
- Follow established protocol to verify associates’ ability to effectively communicate with guests and perform technical skills required to assist guests down from the park if necessary.
- Ensure staff adherence to company operating procedures and guidelines.
- Lead by example, coaches using positive feedback, and supervises teams of associates who monitor the park.
- Assure all guests – individually or in groups – receive exceptional service at Summit Ropes.
- Ensure all associates understand and comply with risk management protocols and emergency response procedures.
- Oversee inspection and maintenance of the site, course components and climbing equipment in accordance with established procedures.
- Coordinate repairs and upkeep of the site, course components and climbing equipment with outside vendors as necessary.
- Coordinate the purchase and/or replacement of site components and/or equipment as necessary.
- Maintain quality assurance records that document staff training and skills verification; implementation of daily, periodic and annual site inspections and equipment; maintenance, repairs and replacement of site components and equipment; and other records as required by ACCT and requested by Summit Ropes management.
- Work with teammates to plan and coordinate an annual calendar of special events and promotions that consider budgetary factors.
- Work with the management team to establish the weekly staff schedule.
- Initiate, test and support changes that can enhance experiences provided to guests and to our associates and that can maximize company revenue.
Skills and Attributes
The ideal candidate for the CM position must:
- Possess a genuinely friendly and outgoing disposition when working with guests and team members.
- Project professionalism required as an ambassador for the high caliber experience offered by Summit Ropes.
- Demonstrate commitment to safeguarding the welfare of guests and team mates.
- Use effective oral and written communication skills and strategies that show a passion for working with people of all ages and abilities.
- Demonstrate the adaptability and flexibility required when working in a high-energy environment to meet the varied needs of guests without drama.
- Manage multiple tasks and/or projects simultaneously, seamlessly moving from one to the another.
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills and high attention to detail in approaching tasks and projects.
- Possess the confidence to assess workplace situations, take initiative and work independently to provide the ideal Summit Ropes experience.
- Be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds and spend up to eight hours standing and walking.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Leisure Service Management, Engineering, Construction Management, Recreation, Business, or a related field is preferred.
- Five years’ experience with designing, building, inspecting and/or maintaining an aerial adventure attraction (or similar venue) is preferred.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Association for Challenge Course Technology (ACCT) Certified Course Manager (CCM) Certification desired.
- Experience with training staff – and monitoring their skills – in the operation of an aerial adventure attraction (or similar venue) is preferred.
- Supervisory experience that includes demonstrated ability to lead staff and to provide exceptional guest service is required.
- Demonstrated aptitude for written communication and proficiency in word processing software is required.
- Experience working with vendors who provide services and equipment to aerial adventure attractions (or similar venue) is preferred.
- The ideal candidate will have experience in one or more of the following industries: engineering, construction, site management, venue management.
This position is a year-round position which can be full-time or part-time. This position requires a candidate who can work a flexible schedule that includes weekdays as well as scheduled shifts on weekends and holidays.